10 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Wine
Here’s 10 Things I Bet You Never Knew About Wine…
- There’s a reason why you store wine sideways – it keeps it from drying out.
- Wine is actually good for your brain.
- Oenophobia meaning fear of wine is a real thing.
- The world’s oldest bottle dates back to 325 A.D. and is on display in a museum in Speyer, Germany.
- Wine-flavoured Kit Kats are a thing. You can only get them in Japan.
- Toasting started in ancient Rome. When Romans would drop a piece of toasted bread into each glass to temper excessive acidity.
- Not all wines are vegan. Some go through a filtration process that uses animal byproducts like gelatin.
- Drinking to one’s health started in ancient Greece. The idea was that the host drank the first cup of wine to show his guests he wasn’t poisoning them.
- Women are better wine tasters. Because wine tasting has so much to do with smell and women have a better sense of smell than men.
- Not all wines improve with age. In fact, 90% of wines should be consumed within a year of production.